Friday, January 16, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire review

Truly a brilliant work of art. Danny Boyle has created a masterpiece of the cinema. Everything about Slumdog Millionaire is nothing short of amazing. Every shot is beautiful in its own way, the dialog is great, the score is very well constructed and the story is superb. I especially like the way the subtitles are done. There is not one thing in this movie that I can complain about. Not one.

As a camera guy, I absolutely love the cinematography. Seriously, every shot is beautiful. And that's the way it should be since India hosts a beautiful people. I don't think the story would have worked had it been based anywhere else.

I could go on and on (I've rewritten this review like 3 times already) about the story, editing, soundtrack, etc., but I'm not going to. Take my word for it and go see it: everything about it is amazing. This is the best movie of the year. I don't know what else to put in my review. Just go see it so you can agree.

M

No comments: